The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1356 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a sad story. It's a shame that the church where he was a pastor couldn't do more, but that sadly can be true in life. You offered hope in the end. I hope if anyone who reads this and sees himself in the story, that they follow the advice given.
This is so right on! For me, I will trust that David's career choice to Pastor a church, confirms that he gave his life to the Lord, but in his human weakness, was burdened with that which he ought not to do. (The spirit is willing, the flesh is weak)...and the fact that he was found on His knees at the couch, confirms (to me) that he was not abandoned by God in his hour of need. He just wasn't able to be the tool God wanted to use him as and left this life sooner than he needed to.
08/20/10
We need stories like this. So many people, no doubt say,"If only I hadn't ... Good tie to title also. Keep it up! Blessings, Ruth
08/25/10
Excellent article. I liked the fact that it was realistic and not a happy ended one. The pathos of the pastor were well reflected. The lone hopeful voice contributed too! keep writing!
08/26/10
You took us on a journey of the soul, Edy, and left a warning behind. No one is exempt from the traps of the enemy. Thank God we have One who conquers all!
07/27/11
Edy, I'm going to feature this piece on the Front Page Showcase for the week of August 1. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page, and congratulations!