The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1529 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/21/10
Well paced with a good range of emotions subtly but effectively expressed. Judging by your title I was expected a look at Tennyson but it was good to learn about someone new.
A delightful read. Well done.
I enjoyed your piece. Thank you for including the quote at the end. I need the encouragement to keep writing everyday.
05/22/10
I've visited Carl Sandburg's home several times. It is a peaceful farm. They raised blue-ribbon winning goats. I don't know about the lost love, but I always enjoy reading his work. "Fog" is one of my favorites.
I found this entry interesting and enjoy the POV of a grandaughter. I might steal 'Pawthorne" for a dog's name.

Mona
I really enjoyed this. Well done.
05/24/10
I enjoyed your perspective on Sandberg's life. It was nicely paced. I liked the ending too.
The sentence As we make our way to the private family entrance I notice the beautiful cane she uses. It matches her blue dress. The slight limp is barely noticeable. gave me a real "Aww" moment. Love this. Well done!
Great feel and great ending!
05/24/10
This is great - a wonderful tone and beautiful atmosphere. I love it!
It is a very well written story. I enjoyed it very much. I just don't see how the title ties in with the story.
I've been there, too. I really like how you present the informations about his life so realistically. Well done.