The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I had a feeling it was Lincoln you were describing and I'm glad I was not disappointed. you did a wonderful job describing the scene at the cemetery. The emotions our 16th President must have felt were described wonderfully by you.
04/15/10
What a great topic to choose and how fitting for us at this time! This is a winner for sure!
Loved the way you tied it into a heartfelt knot. I had goosebumps reading it, and felt the way you applied
the title was emotional: worthy of merit.
04/20/10
INSPIRING!

A well woven account, revealing the humility and compassion of the MC long before we know him as Abe Lincoln. You captured the very essence of "Qaulity vs Quantity" with the words one speaks!

Thank you for this heart stirring piece.

04/22/10
Congratulation on your placing in EC!
04/22/10
Beautiful and touching. Congrats on your EC!
04/22/10
I was right! I was right! Very deserving of this 2nd place win! Congratulations!

And thank you for your comments on my entries!
04/22/10
Brenda, I love what you did with this historic event! Super congrats on your ribbon and Editor's Choice!
04/22/10
Thank you for capturing this moment of history so well. Congratulations!
04/22/10
Awesome inspiration for this lovely story. Congratulations on your EC!
04/22/10
Especially loved the ending. Well done historical writing! Congratulations!
04/23/10
That was a very inspiring story and the writing was equally inspiring.