The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1088 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really related to this story as I too believed that story for so long then I realized only part of the verse had been quoted and people left out the most important part-Jesus. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Great message.
03/14/10
Great message, but my favorite part was the last line - such a typical instantaneous switch of focus!
How true! People quote this all the time.
It's funny how people always tell you, "It's like it says in the Bible..." or how they quote a Bible verse and say, "That's Shakespeare by the way."

Jessica is lucky to have such a wise mother-problems shared and maybe even a Starbucks to boot.

I like this, well done.
Enjoyable story. I could so relate to this. Smooth, realistic dialogue, and you cleared up a very misunderstood scripture. Amen!
03/16/10
This is excellent! I was told that my whole life. Only recently did I come to realize it wasn't true. Good dialogue (which I'm not so good at). Very realistic.
Great dialogue between the two. I'm thankful to be blessed with a wise mother!
03/16/10
Great story... thanks for clearing that up! I had never really thought of that before and needed to hear it!
Yay, Connie, congrats on making it to the top fifteen in Advanced!
03/19/10
Love the way you wove excellent teaching into a story format that even teens would enjoy reading, I'm betting. Well done!