The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1215 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I always go right to the what-ifs as well. It's nice to know God is there for us. Good story with a nice sense of humor thrown in. I'm glad the snake got away.
03/05/10
Very good. So humorous. I can just see the whole scene. Vivid descriptions. And the "what ifs" are endless.
03/06/10
Now THIS is what one calls an interesting, exciting "Page Turner"! Starts out with a bang...er, ah, an "Eeek!" and ends with a touchdown; a point of view that you can take away with you. Kudos for an enjoyable read! Excellent!
03/10/10
I enjoyed this, from the description of the car salesman to the excitment of the "new" "ride." Your "knight in shining armor" certainly saved the day. :) Fun story with a great message!
03/10/10
I loved the humor! (Danny DeVito on steroids...what a picture!)

Good for you...seeing the good in all of God's creation. My husband and I had a similar incident with a snake, but I'm afraid the snake didn't make it out alive.
03/11/10
Your story is well told and amusing, especially your interactions with Kirk. But I'm not quite sure how you got from the snake crawling up your leg to appreciation of God's creation.
Eek is right! Loved how your knight came to the rescue...

I had trouble seeing the snake jumping as high as the mc did...but maybe so.

I lol'ed at the mc hovering over the little six inch monster, great word picture!
Congratulations on the top 40!