The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1402 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/10
I enjoyed the characterization of each person in your story, and the way you withheld the reason-for-them-being-where-they-were until the end was skillful. Flawless writing. Love this!
Great misdirection. The ending made this worth the read.
02/21/10
As soon as you mentioned bench, I knew where this was taking place!

SO TRUE!

I once was so severely ridiculed by the judge, I thought it was me who was on trial.
02/22/10
I kept trying to figure out the setting; I had no idea; but I have sat next to a few hefty, phlegm laddened people in my days... and wishing for a bigger bench. Great read for me.
You really had my attention all throughout the piece. Well written, descriptive, and real.
02/23/10
I read with rapt attention trying to figure out where they were! Great job of stringing us along. Well, some of us, anyway!
02/23/10
Let me be the first to comment on your excellent title. You certainly strung me along as well - a thoroughly satisfactory story
02/24/10
Oh, my!
I SERIOUSLY was going to write on my jury duty experience this week!
This is crazy!
Great job!
02/24/10
I too liked the title. I knew where it was going a few lines in, but even then, I enjoyed the ride. Good characterizations and strong descriptions. Well written indeed.
Yay Sheri, congrats on your EC!!!
Congrats on your EC. It doesn't matter that I knew you were going for the twist, it was a great read the whole way through. I smiled and enjoyed every word, esp. the fake phlegm.
02/25/10
Sheri, Congrats to you and Nellie and Phlegm on receiving an Editor's Choice for this story! This was so much fun to read!