The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1203 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this story. It is so true to life. I wrote a poem about this very frustration when the topic was yellow last quarter.
I titled it 'Yellow Frustration'. Everything I saw was yellow but I couldn't think of any inspiration at all.
02/05/10
Glad Sally wrote...'cause she made this girl's "grrr" moments bearable! I, too, do better with a more specific topic--but you've challenged me to rise to the challenge! :-)
02/07/10
I too use to complain about the topics until I realized that if I say I am "gifted" to write, I found out that I can use that gift to write about anything. It's not always great but it will be on topic. The question is do I always want to write about the topic? No. Keep writing.
02/08/10
I think this is great. I can so relate to it. I, too, do my best thinking late at night. The "quirky" will be over soon.
02/09/10
This was fun to read, and something we can all relate to. In fact in writing it, you did a great job proving that it's possible to write on ANY topic. Good job!
I'm sure everyone who is reading this (from the newbies to the old-timers) can empathize with dear Sally. It was well-written and flowed nicely.
02/09/10
Gotta love it! Know that Grr well.
Mona
02/09/10
Lots of fun reading this! I like that late night writing myself. Enjoyed it!
Very believable and a great way to present the topic : ) This is my opinion only, but I would have liked to have seen this written in 1st person and not 3rd. Usually 3rd person is a better way to tell a story, but in this case, where the theme seems so personal, I think 1st person would work well to really get inside the MC's head and thought process.