The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1427 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/22/10
I could relate to the mother's active-imagination. Love your title. Funny story.
01/22/10
I got every bit of this story--and had to smile. I have a son in college, too, and I just had your MC's overactive imagination in overdrive this morning.

The conversation flowed well, the dialogue believable. Good job.
01/23/10
I liked the ending- hide the bleach!
01/24/10
Wonderful. Our son is away at boarding school and fortunately his laundry is done for him. Otherwise he's definitely capable of doing something very similar! Thanks for the smile.
01/24/10
Tee hee. I found this quite entertaining:)Great closing line...very funny stuff.
I empathized with mom from the beginning - envisioning what the kid has been up to without parental supervision and no phone calls. Great voice for him - you caught the exasperated teen well. And the closing line - priceless. I'm still grinning.
01/26/10
Too funny! Loved the son's voice - as a recent college graduate, I empathized more with him than the mom, but excellent characterizations all around.
This story brought a smile. Anyone with a half-grown son will appreciate your apprehension at the beginning and your laughter at the end. Great writing.