The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1911 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Gotta be a winner! Wonderful descriptions of characters & action. Love the MC's voice.
This is so cute and good medicine for a blue mood.:0) Thx for writing this. Very well done, great voice and the dialogue was colorful and descriptive. I could see the whole escapade in my mind and had to laugh. Loved it!!
01/24/10
hilarious and I can see the action. Great job!
01/26/10
Loved your story! What a Hoot! Keep up your great writing.
01/26/10
Your dialogue hooked me right away. You have a great ability to show AND tell.
You have a vivid imagination and have mastered storytelling! My favorite word was flubberment.I can't wait to read more of your work. Brilliant!
Shann
I love this Grandma! Too funny! Excellent.
01/27/10
Very good. Grammy voice was very authentic, keep up the good work!
01/27/10
Spot on with the dialog and the comedic timing was perfect.
01/27/10
Fun dialogue and I could just see the toupee up in the air. I love stories like this!
01/28/10
Oh I'm holdin' my side I think I busted my girdle too, because grammy is a hoot!
I could see this as a comedy skit on a clean Saturday Night Show. Thanks ,laughter is such good medicine.
This is probably the best I've read this week. What a hoot! I just love Granma and all her wonderful sayings. This has got to be a winner, and if it isn't, well well done anyway. I loved it!
01/28/10
Too funny! I loved how you paced the story...it was very visual and entertaining. Gram is quite a character. Nicely done!
01/28/10
Just now got around to reading this entry. It is just wonderful! I love humor that's done well and this certainly is. Love the character! Well-deserved win.

Mona
Congrats Patti - brilliant writing and great fun. Its good to have you back! - I've missed reading your entries. Margaret
01/28/10
A well deserved 1st Place! Great fun writing, I bet! Loved reading it!
01/28/10
You create a fabulous Grandma character! Well done on your win.
See! See! I told you this would be a winner. Talent, girl, talent :-)
Great writing! This was loads of fun. Congratulations on your EC!
01/29/10
Congratulations on your winning third in the Editors' Choice! (",)
01/29/10
I wanted my Grandma . . . I mean Carol Ann’s Grandma . . . to hurry up with the story, too. Then, after that climax with Mr. Grimm, it dawned on me . . . wait a minute, this is a story . . . I’m not actually there . . . I’m reading this, not living it.

Freely flowing vivid imaginings made vital, through nailed-down entertaining dialogue held in character.

Pleasure personified. Just fabulous, Patricia. Thank you.

Bryan.
01/29/10
Congratulations! Love the comedic (word?) descriptions and the overall humor in this piece. Great title!
What a sweet and funny story! I laughed so hard at the grandma's accecnt. Well done!
01/29/10
Congrat on your level win and EC placement with this lighthearted and entertaining story. Loved the voice of your MC and all her cute expressions. Great piece.