The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1211 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/19/09
Interesting, educational and entertaining all at the same time. Very enjoyable story.
Intriguing from beginning to end. Compelling, in that it reads like an atmospheric mystery. Thank goodness for the Rita's in this world and the Finn's who recognized their labor. The concluding moral could not have more perfectly summed up the story.
Superbly written. Held my interest. and ended with a timely lesson- generosity. Well done!
I want more. I think this would be great as a series, following your MC around in his travels. Wonderfully written with vibrant descriptions. Kudos!
11/24/09
you must be not only a master writer but a master chef. i'm headed to the kitchen.
11/24/09
Loved this. I've heard of saffron but never experienced it. Now I want to. Great descriptive narration and voice. Also loved the subtle humor. Great job!
11/24/09
Ooooohhh...nice ambiance! I especially liked this line: "fingertips grazing linen"
Well written!
11/24/09
Exquisite detail in the perfect measure ... superbly written and wonderfully imagined.
11/25/09
Amazing detail. My mouth was watering as Finn tasted the buns. Mmmm...
Very smart again. Upscale. Great pace, mood, details and a message that didn't overpower the reader, much like the proper use of your title in a recipe. Your words seemed more at ease this week. I'm hungry.
11/25/09
Nice read. Solid descriptions and loved the bantering back and forth as well as the ultimate message. I work with a gentlemen named Finn and I think he would like this as well. ;)
11/25/09
I enjoyed that you allowed me the reader to be a fly on the wall to watch your MC. Very well done.
Mona
What a creative take on this topic. And what a unique and wonderful story. I shamelessly eavesdropped myself, along with your MC and the saffron rolls...ummmm delicious.
Ooo I liked this! I love when an entry draws me in so much that I have to look away from the computer screen to remember where I am ;-)
11/26/09
Love the story! You are always so good at capturing the scenes and showing the characters' mannerisms! I was totally absorbed into the story and was wishing for more.
11/26/09
As soon as I saw your title, I was trying to think of how you'd describe saffron to someone who'd never tasted something with that exotic spice in it. Your description was fascinating. I had to laugh at the argument over the "pale and pasty buns"... I enjoyed this immensely!
11/26/09
I enjoyed this entry very much! A lot of diligent research? Do you use much saffron in your cooking? In our culture, we use it in some of our home cooking. I'm never aware of its "exotic flavor" until you described it.

Thanks for your excellent writing.
Lisa
You bring everything to the table. Your writing is what makes us hungry for more.
11/26/09
Your sense of animation is so strong that you make even a very basic cook like me want to make something - like a reservation at the restaurant. Well done.