The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1296 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/09/09
Excellent! You really captured his conflict, and his willing spirit. Very well done.
10/09/09
Wow--this really caught and kept my attention. Great job with the dialogue and also the conflict and flashbacks. Nicely done!
What a well written piece! There was so much to like about it with great dialog, detail and emotion.
10/11/09
Nice pace. Great dialogue. I liked it that the statement was made regarding a shepherd-type (chalpin) needs to be out where the need is greatest, not behind walls.
Oooo, stellar entry all 'round. Great job.
10/13/09
What a slice of life piece this is. Your dialogue and characters are so believable. In this story of battle you give us a glimpse of the war within the two characters and you do it with economy.
Excellent. Love the dual meaning of the title as well.

Mona
10/13/09
Excellent.
Good writing with believable tension.
10/14/09
The last couple of lines were very powerful, as was the whole story.
10/14/09
Great work! You did a super job of tying me in knots as you increased the inner conflict throughout. Excellent dialogue to set the atmosphere. Very well written.
10/15/09
Congratulations! Placing 3rd place in Advanced with all those entries is really an accomplishment. Great writing.
Congratulations, Rachel! You did a great job with this story, and we are ALL very proud of you. Looking forward to reading your "black" story next week. :)
10/21/09
Excellent portrayal of your MC's physical, emotional and spiritual battles. Congrats.