The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1394 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/09
I like the story you told through this poem.
Your free verse is written beautifully with the promise of harvest finally made clear at the end. The first stanza was my favorite, poetically.
Beautiful! I love the story and the style.
09/04/09
I felt sad for Ava as she waited for the return of a lost love that never came--but when I got to the end I felt I may have misinterpreted this lovely poem. The ending clearly speaks of going to her eternal home.
09/09/09
What a beautiful picture you have painted. I can see her waiting to be reunited.
09/09/09
Cat--this is AWESOME! So poignant and bittersweet, kind of heartbreaking, actually, and using so many poetic tricks!

One of my fave poems here, ever. Whoop!
09/09/09
I find it amazing how a complete story can be told in so few words by those having the gift of poetry.
Beautifully written, with a wonderful story told. Well done.
Beautiful! I would say you are a "real" poet.

The theme reminds me a little of the Tanya Tucker song, "Delta Dawn." I'm not making a comparison, though. This is much more sophisticated. Two thumbs up for this well done poem.
09/09/09
Wistful words painting a poignant picture...and it left me wondering "Why" he never came back...
Excellent poetry!
~Cathy~
09/09/09
I am definitely NO poet, but this is lovely. I especially like the end.
09/09/09
Oooh! Wow... great poem!
09/09/09
Such longing and yearning. This is very deep and takes some pondering to appreciate fully.

Mona
09/10/09
I'm not a poet, but I think this bittersweet story with its vivid imagery is absolutely lovely! I love your use of repetition (come harvest time, it's harvest time, etc.).
If you don't win EC with this one, I'll eat my proverbial hat! Big time kudos, my friend! **grin**