The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1637 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was precious - loved that she was wondering about the family in the snow globe. Good Job!
08/24/09
This is just outstanding. I was totally drawn in and delighted to find out it was a snow globe. Writing is top notch.
Mona
08/24/09
A lovely well written story with a nice little surprise ending.
08/24/09
Wonderful! I suspected that something was "up" after several sentences...thought maybe it was a window display. Awesome twist, very clever.
08/24/09
You have caught the winter aspect beautifully here. Bang on topic and interesting and well written. Thanks!
I loved this--the imagery making a beautiful picture and the memories the snowglobe evoked. Great job.
08/24/09
Fantastic surprise ending! You really drew me into this story. I suspected that all was not as it seemed, but I didn't guess your wonderful twist. Well done!

Oh, my! You took me back to my Christmas times with my dear grandmother. Sweet memories and hopeful futures.

Wow- didn't see that coming...had to go back and read it again. Really well done.
You are a very clever writer! I really enjoyed this and I think it's time you were "movin' on up, to the East Side" (the Masters!) giggle. Kudos, no kidding!
08/25/09
I really liked this piece . It was a well-written wistful masterpiece!
08/25/09
Norman Rockwell painting is what I think of with this story. I can imagine the picture of the mom and girl staring into the little snow globe. Nicely written.
08/26/09
You gt me, and I loved it. Everything about this supported the "aha" moment. Nice job.
What a creative twist!!! Absolutely love it, from start to finish.
08/27/09
Absolutely lovely. Congrats on your EC!
08/27/09
I knew this was exceptional. Congrats on a much deserved win.

Mona
08/27/09
I am so proud of you, Bryan!
You are in there every week, trying and growing and producing fine pieces like this one.
Way to Go, my friend!!

On to Masters for you! :)
08/27/09
congratulations and spot on! Loved it!!
08/27/09
Excellent, Bryan! And congratulations on your EC! This Arkansas Grandma always enjoys your writing. You are very deserving of both placing first in Advanced as well as in the top 10.
08/27/09
Fantastic story, Bryan--so creative and well written! Congratulations on your EC and the move to level four. Great job.
Way to go!! You give us something masterful to aspire to.
Congratulations on your EC, Bryan!!!! You deserve it for this fabulous story. :)
This was beautiful. Absolutely loved it! Congratulations!
08/28/09
You really had me going here, Bryan. Your writing is amazing and very deserving of an EC. Congratulations on your win and your move up to the next level.