The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1333 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/09
This is so deep. Strong vivid descriptions and a real sense of the pain the mc lives. love the way the letter to Daddy unfolds to reveal WHO she is writing to, This really touched me,
Very well written and powerful! Heartbreaking. Wow.
06/08/09
A parent's words can affect a life - I know someone who could be writing this diary. You are bang on topic. An interesting story. Thanks!
06/08/09
I really felt the heartbreak. But I was confused - maybe I was supposed to be - about the problem she was writing about. Was it her mother's expectations or was it an eating disorder?
06/08/09
What a sad story that is too many times true. The mc made the reader feel her pain. Good job.
06/09/09
This is gripping to me. I'm afraid it speaks for many young girls under so much pressure, even from parents, to be perfect. How good to know a Father Who understands and loves each one exactly as they are. May this message get across to many who need it.
06/09/09
Very touching, Sara! Many times I had some feelings like this when I was a teen. A mother's words hold so much power and often, Moms don't know how those words can sting long after they have been released in anger or frustration. Such a bitter/sweet journey as a teen!
06/10/09
What a real and heartbreaking job of portraying a young girl who desperately needs a mentor. You made me really care about her--she seems so isolated, confused and lonely. Good job.
06/10/09
So similar to one I recently wrote...so, I know the emotions/pain. Hard to write, isn't it? And yet, we go on with hope and renewed desire to do it differently ourselves.
Good writing.
Mona
06/10/09
Heart-breaking and gripping. The words the mother and father will never see cry out to the reader.
06/11/09
Totally gripping. You drew me in - incredibly real. And she is crying out to the Lord. Most of us weren't size 5 when we were born but it shared the angst. Powerfully written.
06/11/09
The "bitter" part of this week's topic was easy to find...but the only "sweet" part was that candy bar near the end. Good job, although sad...and I can empathize because - Been There/ and Done That
06/11/09
Oh honey - this is INTENSE and amazingly descriptive and engaging. You tugged at my heartstrings, sweetheart. Excellent.