The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 833 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/02/09
Your story brought me to tears. It's so true to life and gives me the impression that this is a true story. I loved the thoughts you portrayed throughout about the "soft pillow and the strong shoulder to cry on"...whether it was Ralph's or God's - I thought it moving and very touching. Well written and nicely done!
A very poignant story. Thanks for sharing it.
05/05/09
It is amazing what moms will do for their babies, no matter how young or old. This is a wonderfully told story, that DOES read like more truth than fiction.
05/06/09
I liked your contrast of shoulders...the husband's soft shoulder, the son-in-law's hardness and then again the soft shoulder of the Lord. It was a bittersweet story but one that still held hope. Well done!
This entry touched my heart as the 10th anniversary of losing my dad is almost upon me and I find myself where your MC was....all the grief finally surfacing for me to deal with all that happened at that time in my life when my father died. Thanks for sharing this.
05/07/09
What a sad, touching story, but with such a beautiful, comforting ending! Thank you for sharing this!