The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1074 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/09
I had to smile at the ice storm and no electricity with everything frozen except the freezer contents. (the poor fish :( ) I hope the part about the rabid bat isn't true… Ouch! I like your ending paragraph.
Wonderful personal interest piece! I'm so glad there is someone like me out there that has gone through similar things. Great writing!
04/15/09
Wonderful voice--love the self-deprecating humor! This was a very entertaining read.
I enjoyed this very much. Do I detect just a bit of hyperbole? I like the way you ended each paragraph with a Christian message you had illustrated perfectly.
04/15/09
So great, made me cringe and giggle! Great illustrations of lessons learned (painfully) and I especially loved the bracketed comments - snide and sarcastic! Love it.
04/15/09
I'm another who takes focus on the calendar. New Year's day, 1st day of the month, all big deals.
You and your diary are good friends.
Mona
I can so relate to this...having had some terrible years myself and how the Lord came through so faithful every time! Thanks. Well done.
04/15/09
I'm hoping this is an excellent piece of fiction! Very well written, I could feel the agony every event brought.
Oh my, your poor MC. This was a fun read, and I love how weaved scripture into it at just the right moments.
Great MC voice. Love her faith and the sarcasm makes for a fun read. Excellent writing!
04/15/09
What they said. ;) Really, I have nothing to add... this is simply wonderful.
Great read that reminds me that even when everything seems to be going wrong, God is still on the throne. Well Done!
04/16/09
Well written with a great message! Two thumbs up from me!