The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1192 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/26/09
Wunderbar, Liebling, wunderbar! Du hast viel geschriebt...danke. (Wonderful, dear one, wonderful! You have written much...thank you.) I cannot even imagine making such a move, even with a background in German. Doug's love for his wife was evident by his actions, and I could see him at as your language tutor.

I wasn't sure if your "Ich verstehe" wasn't intentional at first--a slip of the tongue--because the wife and husband understood each other well. [I decided your "nicht" (not)must have been deleted.] :-)

It doesn't matter...the ideas work, and I'm a mess. How wonderful that she knows: Gott ist gut!
03/02/09
Sehr gut! Danke! This was a very cute story--could be expanded. I loved some of the little descrptions, like "Lucerne hinterland."
03/02/09
What a heart wrenching story. Such love. And dedication...to move to another country to fulfill his dream. Don't know how you do it.
03/04/09
Heart wrenching, yet filled with such hope. Phrases I loved, the tent one as mentioned above, "as if asking someone to repeat himself...," and the whole ending. I knew it was coming by the title, but still my heart ached. Nice entry.
03/06/09
This was so touching, and felt authentic...sincere. I loved the devotion between the couple, even after death departed them. A lovely, tender story. Well done.