The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1497 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful writing. I loved this bittersweet story. You brought back memories of the beautiful bangles... unfortunately, my hands were too big, the shop keeper broke so many trying to fit me. Wear yours proudly.
02/20/09
I love your descriptions. Nice writing.
02/21/09
So, so beautiful! Every word shows how you cherish India.
02/23/09
Enjoy it. Good job.
02/24/09
This was gorgeous. The descriptions were rich and real. I felt the heavy emotion in your ending. Wonderfully bittersweet. Excellent.
02/24/09
Great writing, very descriptive and packed with emotion.
02/24/09
Beautiful. This is one of my favorite pieces this week (and I've read all of them). :)
02/24/09
This is absolutely beautiful. My heart ached with your MC at the thought of leaving for good.
02/25/09
What a love story...for India...for the MC...for her husband. Captured my appreciation for the beauty of the country. Lovely.
Mona
This is a beautiful love letter to India. What wonderful descriptions and depth of emotion. Excellent!
02/25/09
Oh, honey - if you were aiming for lyrical, you DEFINITELY got it! This is absolutely beautiful and poetic - poetry in prose. Delightful, with wonderful descriptions.
02/25/09
Lovely, lovely! These bittersweet thoughts must have accompanied many immigrants from many shores on their voyage to America. Very beautiful writing, Friend!
02/25/09
I could see the colors and feel the character soaking in the memories... excellent!
02/26/09
This is a masterpiece. Wowzer. Love it.