The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 899 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Nicely done as a devotional... didn't expect that. You write well, drawing the reader into the minds of young boys in an entertaining way. I enjoyed this one.
11/23/08
I also was not expecting the devotional "twist" - but it worked wonderfully well. I was blessed by this.
11/26/08
Well done—I especially loved those last lines.
Delightfully well written. The segue into the devotional thoughts are seamless. I enjoyed this!
11/26/08
Ah well done. You had me with the beginning parargraphs - fun and suspenseful - and then you taught me something. And a beautiful lesson it was. Thank you.
What naughty boys! Wonderful story. :)
At first I was disappointed for the brothers, but the lesson learned was fabulous! Love the story's message.
Some wonderful insights and thought provoking questions presented in this piece. It does cause one to pause and think - not only of the undisclosed gift, but the hidden glance of the giver as well.
11/26/08
Very good, I enjoyed this, and it something we all need to remember.
As the mother of boys, and grandmother of boys, I felt like I "knew" these characters! Well done.