The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1165 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/08
Hilarious! I loved reading this one....nice work in bringing it around by the end.
11/15/08
I love a lot of people who love cards but I'm not exactly a card lover. Roses are red, violets are atually purple. It's true I don't get excited about cards but they are better than a gerbil. Hope you got the job because sombody needs to do it. Good story. Keep reading Mom's bible and crafting memorable verse. Thanks
11/17/08
Very creative. Loved your sentiments!
11/18/08
I like the way you brought out the overweening arrogance (not to mention ineptitude) of your male character. No wonder he doesn't have a job!
I do hope some of these are used on future Christmas cards!! Very creative.
Very well written story. You had me laughing at his lazy attitude. I liked some of the cards he thought up! This has a nice flow and kept me interested from word one! Great job!
11/18/08
Very enjoyable...loved the little greeting cards. And that he came around the real reason for Christmas through the legacy of his mother was really a nice touch!
Oh, you're good! This was such fun to read. I think I know this person.
11/19/08
You packed fun into a very real account of our economy. Good job.
Really nice piece, right on target of the topic, and fun. :)
You placed the reader right into the MC's mind! Fantastic job! I loved the tongue in cheek humor and the attempts at card writing - some of them, by the way, I thought quite good : )
I love your fresh MC. Creative take on the topic as well.
11/19/08
This is great - mate! Really enjoyed. Hope it does well!
Col
11/20/08
this one was really fun. great job.
Unique take on the topic. Well written, with just the right touch of wry humor.
11/20/08
How fun is this! Love the voice of this.

This was my fav line:
Hum…what can I write that’s positive without lying, that’s current, yet optimistic, maybe something sweet.

Love it!
11/21/08
This is great. I loved watching his mind travel along until it reached it destination: Jesus.
Very good and creative. I enjoyed reading your different verses. Loved the ending.
Well done.
Love,
Norms
11/25/08
Thanks for the great story. You do a wonderful job of developing the MC.