The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1519 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
OOOOO, I like this example of life in front of us lived daily, with focus always being on Him and how He is there for us even when we don't see it.
09/19/08
Any parent can relate to this. I couldn't wait to see what would happen and I wasn't disappointed!
09/19/08
Oh my goodness! This is moving and wonderful. I love the way your dialogue brings out the teachable moments in life-often we miss them. I love this story.
09/20/08
Very real, captured "total teenager" well and gave hope for mothers.
What a wonderful piece! I could really relate to this, as my son is of that age. Your descriptions and dialogue are really good. And so is the message! Well done.
09/21/08
I remember riding with teenaged drivers! Yikes! I love the way you captured the teachable moments. Well done.
09/21/08
Ha,ha...sorry, I know this isn't a comedy, but I thought this was going be something about a woman's white slip that was hanging or something. I wondered why your son would be white slipped!
Then I thought...aha!...a driver's permit. We don't use that term in Maine. Hee, hee...
09/21/08
Took me awhile to figure out "white-slipped"--I learned something new today. :-) Love the dialogue between mother and son and the terrific teachable moment.
This is outstanding writing. Your examples of teachable moments are so real and so good. This is one of my favorites that I've read of yours.
Good story, very realistic. I didn't know what a white slip was either, but that didn't interrupt the story much. Well done!
This is very authentic and well written! Great job!
09/22/08
I felt like I was in the car with you and I could hear the son's dry humor. Btw, I think IL is the only state that calls a driver's permit a white slip. Yep, you live in another country.
This is great. It so reminds me of conversations I've had with my son and daughter. Great writing! I felt I was in the back seat eavesdropping on your conversation. :-)
09/24/08
Very down to earth story with a great lesson to take advantage of those teachable moments. Nice Job!