The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1772 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/08
Oh, this is PRICELESS! Definitely my favorite so far, and I wish I'd thought of it. Hilarious--I loved the line about the B. O. Railroad "stinks", and...well, just everything.
09/19/08
Oh my! This was BRILLIANT. Well done:)
09/19/08
I laughed out loud! Absolutely brilliant! Great job with this one. :)
09/19/08
Your title immediately got me in the Monopoly "thought-mode" and just knowing about "Baltic Ave" and where it is on the board…. :) I had to smile about "the $10.00 he won in a beauty contest". Then your contrast between Baltic and Mediterranean. :) Enjoyed the fact that he worked on "Pennsylvania RR" and they had a "green house," then that they could get out of jail but just "showing a card to the banker". LOL (and the B&O RR stinks :) I loved all the Monopoly touches and totally enjoyed reading this. This was TOTAL FUN!
09/20/08
This is such a fun read. Living in a Monopoly game! What a creative take on this topic!
Oh, my! I LOVE this piece! I can't begin to list the particulars that I especially liked because...well, I'd just be reposting the whole story! :-) I'm still laughing. Great job!
Oh, this is creative, entertaining, excellent, and fabulous! Can you tell I enjoyed it?
09/23/08
An entertaining read that brings a smile. I like the way you describe the details so vividly despite it being fictional. You have a talent deserving of pursuit if ever you think of changing from your current techie role. (",)
Hilarious! And very creative. Enjoyed it very much!
Wow, Josh! You deserve to collect $200.00, 'cause you sure "passed go" on this one. :) Your humor and creativity are not only an entertaining joy but a true BLESSING. Thanks for writing and sharing here at FW. :)
09/24/08
This was truly a classic piece! What a riot. I loved the unique perspective. Two thumbs up (with a thimble on one)!
09/24/08
Oh myyyyyyyyyy. So, I'm reading along, grinning from ear to ear thinking, Wowzer, this is creative. Then, I got to this:
Soon, the sound of barking could be heard. Edith peered out the window again. A silver colored dog sat outside of the house.
I started laughing out loud so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes. My kids demanded I read it to them. Their eyes lit up as I read them the piece. Wow. This is magnificent.

09/24/08
Josh, this is just hilarious! What a clever take on the topic...you sure have an imagination! And I LOVE the title. I was smiling all the way through this.
I really enjoyed this! Very creative take on the topic. Loved the silver dog! Great job :-)
09/24/08
This is fantastic and so creative! I love it.
Oh Josh, you've done it again with a very creative and humorous piece. The $10 prize in the beauty contest confused me for about 10 seconds, then I realised.

This is soooo good!! Josh, your writing just getting better and better every week. Wonderful job my friend.
Josh, this is fabulously creative. I loved it! Is it time to move up to Masters?
09/25/08
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Congratulations on 2nd place, Josh!!!!

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to... ;)
09/25/08
Brilliant, brilliant, Josh!
Way to go Josh! Congratulations on your 1st place and EC.
09/25/08
Josh, you are THE perfect example of how a novice writer can grow in the FaithWriter's challenges. You have become an incredible writer.

Oh, by the way, I loved this creative entry more than any you have done so far. What's next? You are coming around to Boardwalk, but don't worry. You own the board.
09/25/08
Congratulations to you JosH for getting EC second place! You deserve the award!
Congratulations Josh! I agree with the others who commented on how much you've grown as a writer. God Bless!
09/25/08
Ha, Ha, Ha... I didn't catch on until you mentioned the red hotels. My son probably would have gotten it with the title! Creative story!
Congratulations, Josh!
09/25/08
Josh -- Yay, Super congrats on placing with this... "go past go and collect the $200, then park at FREE PARKING!"
09/25/08
Congratulations on your 1st place and EC! This was such a fun, imaginative, well-written entry. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
09/25/08
Oh yeah, we had a similar idea this week. But yours is sooooo much better. This is great, Josh and definitely EC-worthy. I always enjoy your entries, but this is my favorite one. Smart, clever, witty, I'm running out of adjectives. When the battleship finally pulled up--you hit it out of the park. Absolutely loved every bit of this.
09/25/08
WOW, Josh! You have come a long way. Your stretching yourself and growing as a writer. Very fun read, my friend, very fun.
09/25/08
I want to say "I told you so" but I'll just say "Congratulations!" You so deserved it....now you get your name in lights! See how many people you bless just by being yourself? LOL :)
09/25/08
Josh, you rock! Congratulations on a well deserved win! This was great fun to read and I laughed out loud. Just when I was wondering if there would be something about B.O. and what it refers to, you threw the punchline... LOL Kudos!

~Pamela~
09/26/08
Hilarious. You brought back memories of one of my favorite board games. Loved all the clever references and the railroad joke. Congrats on the win and EC.
09/26/08
Awesome, well written, well deserved - Congratulations Josh on your EC!
09/27/08
Well done Josh! And congrats on such a humorous article, writing it from the perspective of those poor souls who 'live' in the Monopoly world. The clue that tipped me off was 'the $10.00 he won in a beauty contest?'
09/28/08
So clever, Josh. This has to be one of my all-time favorites. You hit it out of the ballpark and DEFINITELY deserved your EC. Wow!! I'm so proud of you :)
10/03/08
Absolutely brilliantly creative, fun and entertaining from start to finish. Wish I'd thought of it. Congrats on your win.
10/13/08
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. SOOO deserving, Josh. Incredibly funny and witty and clever and MASTERful! So glad I finally remembered to pop over here.
Hi Josh,
Am a bit behind with my reading the challenges. Congrats on a really fantastic achievement and entry. You sure have an amazing imagination.
Blessings,
Norms