The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1088 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/08
Excellent writing! The flashbacks are great, and you've used very good imagery.

A quick note: "heroine" is a female hero. You wanted "heroin." I love the open ending, and don't think you need the "CLICK" at the end. Your writing did its job--your readers know what happened without the onomatopoeia.

This is a very strong entry.
09/19/08
Your opening paragraphs are so compelling. I appreciate the wisdom in this, "We persevere until the Lord says we're done, not when we think we are. Don't quit now. Roll the dice again..."
Great, vivid descriptions and the flashbacks flowed smoothly. Excellent job!
This is very well done. Your descriptions and imagery put me right into the scene.
This is very well written, and thought provoking. Glad he heard the click in the end. And that the Lord reminded him of earlier conversations with his Dad. Great job!
This is a very strong entry! The image of him in the box were very strong. So sad that he went downhill like he did. I loved the ending. Great job!
09/24/08
Poor man. The images you depicted of his despair and hopelessness are gripping. I also like the way you bring a light of hope to the end of this entry.
09/24/08
This is an excellent piece...powerfully and compellingly written. Great writing!
09/25/08
Vivid and emotional. (I think I was holding my breath.) Well done.
You had me holding my breath and biting my lip in anticipation to see how this would end. Great job building up suspense and providing a wonderful message.
This was one of my favorites this week. Congratulations on your win.
Congratulations on placing third. It's well deserved.
:-)
So glad to see this one up there in the advanced top 3. It was amazingly written.