The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1411 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a wise character you have created, "Once you have crossed, you have crossed." Enjoyed your irony of the Native witnessing to the "civilized" man. Very unique. :)
I was first hooked by your title, reeled in with your excellent suspense, and landed with the most creative "bridge to God" scenario I have read thus far. I love how you wove the physical and spiritual stories together.
08/10/08
Your characters are very life-like and convincing. you kept my interest throughout. This is one of my favorite pieces.
08/11/08
Excellent story. You never know where you'll find one who knows the truth. Good characters. Nicely done.
What a great title and what a great story! You're a master of detail and this is a wonderful entry. Kudos!
I loved this story on many angles. I especially liked the way the book used images and stories that would connect to the natives on a practical level. Good job.
08/13/08
This manages to be inspiring and humorous at the same time. It's Grrrrrrreat!
OOOOOOOO, I really liked this. Well-written indeed.
08/13/08
Interesting! I didn't expect it to be in a jungle setting when you started. I like the twist of the natives being the missionary to the white man. Well done!
08/13/08
Good story, great writing. I liked the turn this took, totally unexpected.
Love the symbolism. This held my attention throughout. Well done.
LOL! Love the twist here-especially the ending. I really liked that there was an actual tiger in here-such fun and suspense, with a really great message. You are definitely good at this! ^_^ Great job!
This is, indeed, super creative. I too loved that the native was sharing the gospel with the non native. And I loved that he was saved from a tiger on the bridge when that is exactly what their salvation story picture showed... awesome job!
08/13/08
Excellent! A very unusual twist to this story. The true way regarding the bridge of salvation presented, not by US, as would be expected, but by those some people might label as "savages." Great story. It left me spell-bound throughout, wondering how it would turn out. I was more than satisfied....Helen
08/13/08
Wow... I loved this! What an unexpected twist! Kudos.
08/14/08
Great flow to a story. I liked your voice. Very nice. God bless.
08/14/08
“Once you have crossed, you have crossed. You must continue believing that in your heart and continue your journey. The bridge maker is waiting; seek His direction for the rest of your journey.”

What a beautiful statement and message. WEll done!
08/14/08
Oh, Lynne, this is wonderful. The tension was so very real, and the characterization and irony were excellent. Good stuff.
I love your Challenge Entries!
They are always different, entertaining and good.Well done Lynne, and thanks for writing this wonderful message. Elizabeth.
I totally forgot to comment on this great entry! I read it, but forgot to say anything! Forgive me, Lynne! :)

Congratulations on taking 6th in your level and for making the top 40. Wonderful job!
12/14/08
Clever. Thanks for posting the link to this piece. I enjoyed reading it.
12/14/08
Wow. Two bridges, one held by wires that need to be checked after each storm and another that is held together by the unchanging strength of the blood of Jesus. Wonderful picture of salvation, even for those who feel "expendable".
12/14/08
I like how much you were able to pack into this story! Way to be creative! Nicely done.
12/15/08
I LOVE this line: “Once you have crossed, you have crossed. You must continue believing that in your heart and continue your journey. The bridge maker is waiting; seek His direction for the rest of your journey.” WOW!