The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1712 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Vivid writing. I could feel the cold, the fire, the despair, the elation. Nice take on the topic.
02/15/08
An incredibly amazing piece of writing. You are so talented. I love how the truth came through--quit whing and do something :)
What a unique way to say "quit crying and mop it up". Good job.
This piece is powerful in its description, as well as its message.
I am amazed at your ability to write a story like this so poetically. It leaps off the page. Excellent writing!
02/17/08
Oh, that gave me chills just reading about that kind of cold! Brrrrr. Great example of getting on with life and I love how the title fits so well.
02/18/08
Beautifully crafted and containing such clear imagery. Good to see the MC remembered that there is more than one way to light a fire.
02/18/08
Absolutely amazing, as usual. Your descriptions are captivating and vivid. You have such an evocative way of putting us right in the middle of the scene. Masterful, Ann.
This one had me holding my breath. Willing a spark to form on the powder. Your imagery is superb. Well done Ann!
02/19/08
This is outstanding. There wasn't a single detail I couldn't picture vividly in my mind's eye. I am in awe of God's work in you.
02/19/08
I love the ebb and flow of your writing--long sentences, short ones, each word and phrase perfectly crafted. Great double meaning in the title, too!
02/19/08
Your talent agrees with your title—unmatched. Great work.
02/20/08
I could read your writing for the rest of my life! Have you written a nice, looonnngg epic that would take me months and months to read? This is perfect, Ann. Nothing you write is ever dull; even a story about matches. Superb.
02/21/08
Congratulations on your EC with this brilliant piece!
02/21/08
Ann -- Congrats on you EC and level placing with this!!!!
Beautiful and congratulations. Just beautiful!
02/21/08
Congratulations on your EC. Great writing.