The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1651 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/08
Cute story. A little work on your dialogue and ellipses would help with future writing. I enjoyed the lesson on how to clean armour :)
02/14/08
Please forgive me! I meant to say work on em dashes, not ellipses.
A very interesting story--right on topic. I enjoyed it.
02/16/08
I chuckled through this and really enjoyed the different setting. I thought he had a good idea there--washing the armour in the moat. LoL. I liked this.
02/16/08
This piece is incredibly smooth, and the dialogue is charming and easy to follow. Well done.
02/18/08
Wonderful dialog - I love especially the MC's character. Wonderfully done.
LOL I can just see the knight talking to his horse when he is out of the moat and the horse snorting and rolling his eyes. Really enjoy this sort of story. Love the dialogue too--could almost hear it. Good job Peter!
02/19/08
Funny, funny, funny!
02/20/08
That last line was priceless. Horse in the moat, indeed! Great work.
02/20/08
This was great! What creativity to come up with this and pull it off.. with the tension, but light not heavy, in keeping with the humor of the piece.. I am impressed! hope it places... Dianne J.
Delightful! I love the voice in this piece. This is expertly written.
Loved the ingenuity of Anthony. Engaging tale, enjoyed every bit of it.
02/20/08
This is such a fun read! A couple of good lessons in the mix! Well done, indeed!
02/20/08
A cute story with some really engaging moments.
02/20/08
I see this scene perfectly in a movie. This conversation is just prior to Sir Carl being captured by the King's evil brother, leaving Squire Anthony alone and untrained to find and free his mentor. It could be titled "The Rusty Knight"
Heehee! This was funny! The dialouge was cute between the Knight and Squire. I liked the take of it and especially the last line with never having put HIS master's horse in the moat. A few spots, I think you were missing a capital letter, but otherwise, it was a fun read! ^_^
02/21/08
Lotsa fun. I liked this.