The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1770 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/05
What a story! I love the way the man's faith is so real in the things he does and in the way he deals with Henry. That poor little boy, though...... And raw eggs ... ugh! You've left me wondering, thinking etc ... not a bad way to leave me!
A beautiful story. Great use of dialect. Love the squirrel and how the boy who needs to be taken care of takes care of another.
06/03/05
Interesting and fun to read.
06/03/05
I so enjoyed reading this - thanks for giving us a good ending for the boy (and Henry too!)Gooood job!
Wow, what a great story! Very well written and entertaining. I loved how you ended it with hope for the boy's salvation but without preaching at us.
06/06/05
Great story! Enjoyable for children of all ages. This makes a wonderful prologue to start out a short tale 'bout Henry, Friend and the Man! :) Again, well done!
06/06/05
A delightful story. You give us just enough information to fill in the dots about the boy and his mum, and keep the story moving as we wonder how will he survive alone? Love that we are left to imagine how his relationship with the farmer will grow and how he will share his faith.