The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1180 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/08
Another tear jerker! This was an awesome story. I need to get kleenexes ready before I go on the to next entry, it looks like:) I love the image of the wife wrapping the blanket around herself.
Laury
I am amazed at this. It gave me goosebumps just reading it. I hope you do well with this. Shifting back and forth from her thoughts to the rows of loops and hooks, that was great. I'm glad that she gave her gift anyway and it did help someone. This is an amazing story! ^_^
01/11/08
Well told
01/12/08
Beautiful story that's beautifully crafted. I love the ending and the way the loss of Andy brought the two neighbors together to share the grief.
God is so gracious to make something beautiful, even when we fall short of our own expectations.
Very touching story. It's one of my favorites this week.
01/13/08
Just lovely and heartwrenching. I love the way you wove the crocheting into the story with the italicized phrases. Very effective. A strong piece.
01/13/08
Extremely well thought out, creative and skillfully written.
01/18/08
This was a joy for me to read this morning. It's rich visual imagery connected with me immediately. I've been to many Catholic weddings and funerals with my in-laws and felt myself there beside you. Your compassion shines through your words my friend. We are blessed to have you here with us at faith-writers. Just as your dear friend was blessed to have you in his life as well.
02/03/08
What a beautiful story, so touching, so well told. You must get this published in print somewhere very noticeable.