The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1291 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/15/07
I like this. You really brought home the point that the church is the people, not the building. One 'nit-picky' thing... "Out of a small cupboard she drew out piles of pictures..." I would eliminate the second out... You really had good character development with your MC - I felt her every emotion.
12/15/07
Great characterization especially. Enjoyed this.
12/16/07
So true! The church isn't the building, the programs or the music; it's the people. Very heartwarming story to read on this cold blustery day.
Nicely done. Good job describing Krissy's shifting emotions; I feel like I know her. I can definitely relate to her thoughts and feelings. Great story - excellent writing. :) Cat
The warm, sincerity of Krissy's character brought out the true meaning of church and the importance of its community. I really liked the use of the familiar things that made it feel like home...it often the very way I view my own church. Great job!
12/18/07
I could really feel the conflicting emotions of the MC in this piece and was glad of the resolution. I really wanted that stained glass window to show up somewhere else - but the fact that it didn't drove the point home - that the church is the people, not the building.