The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1567 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/20/07
Oh, this story is right up my alley-the prairie and an unusual take on the topic. I think it's perfect! I love the characters, the information, and the way the topic is introduced. The ending is...well...perfect, too! (You might as well go right on into the baptism scenario connected to this story, too. That would make me very happy. (: )
10/21/07
You have done a wonderful job of capturing the life on a chapel car - which I'd heard of but knew very little about. You've definitely piqued my interest - may have to use your "bibliography" there. Enjoyed this very much.
10/21/07
This is a WONderful story! I was interested from start to finish.
10/22/07
Very well-told story based upon a fascinating subject. You've captured "life on the rails" in such a vibrant way that the reader can picture each scene, and experience the feelings in such a strong connection with the main character. You matched the topic perfectly!
I liked all the information given, but I think I would have like to hear more of why the milk jug was returned and felt like I was told more about fellowship instead of shown it.
10/23/07
Well, this was something I'd never heard of before! Thanks for this fascinating glimpse into history.
10/23/07
Love it!
10/24/07
Really kool. I like learning new things as I read. Great wrting as well. Superb reader interest. God bless.
I wasn't familiar with chapel cars, so this was a teaching piece for me as well as entertaining. Thanks for sharing this.
Wow! This was very interesting. I can honestly say I've never read anything about your topic-the chapel cars. Great voice, very engaging. ^_^
10/25/07
A very unique take on the topic, not to mention an intriguing and educational read. Very nice.
10/25/07
Well, I love history and since I'd never heard of the chapel cars, I'm glad you shared it with us. This wonderful period piece captured my imaginationnd and held my interest. Congratulations!
I'll bet everyone who read this uttered the same "Awwwww" that I did at the end. What a lovely story. And once again, it shows that God cares about the small things in our lives, which is what prompted Him to move on the heart of the one who "borrowed" your very special crock. Very well- deserved win!
10/25/07
Congratulations on your highly commended. This is a really good story, and very good writing. Excellent take on the topic.
11/01/07
This was really interesting and well told. The situation and reactions at the beginning with the milk crock made the couple feel real to me. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
11/02/07
This is fascinating. I had a great-great grandfather who was a circuit riding preacher, but I had never heard of chapel cars.
11/22/07
You are a great story-teller, Joy. Thanks for this interesting itinerary of your work. Loved the surprise ending...The re appearance of the milk jug! God bless you in your ministry....Helen