The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1514 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
10/19/07
Very, VERY vivid descriptions - you set the scene in BOTH locations. This tore at my heartstrings.
I found myself wanting Ben to find fellowship among true believers in this life but I rejoiced with him to find it in Heaven. You did an excellent job of involving the reader and your descriptions of the abuse your mc suffered are very graphic. Good writing.
10/19/07
Very vivid and sad descriptions of this boy's life on earth. Though the ending is ultimately happy, it's a hard thing to accept that children all over the world may be experiencing this kind of rejection and pain.
10/19/07
It was hard to let go of this little boy, even though he had such a hard life. Glad there was a happy ending, though -- to be with Jesus! Doesn't get any better than that! Very, very nice...
Laury
10/21/07
I'm not just shedding tears, I am sobbing. This is heartrending! I cannot stop the flow of tears. Tremendous job by this writer to not only touch my heart...but melt it! Triple Kudos to this masterful writer that tugged at my heart with such force. An unforgetable story! God Bless.
10/21/07
Oh, I did not expect this heart-wrenching story. This was written so beautifully. I cried as I read it to my husband.
10/24/07
Reminds me of "The Little Match Girl", a heart-breaker that I like to read at Christmas.
10/24/07
That will be sweet fellowship indeed. Even the most forgotten will be a special guest at the banquet table of the Lord. Nicely done.
10/25/07
This had the flow of poetry. I would like to see it put in verse. The writing was good, story too sad.