The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1453 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/07
Oh, what a funny story! Thanks for the reminder that we take it all SO VEDDY, VEDDY seriously sometimes, we lose our sense of humor. This is a great entry. I could almost see the little church with it's quirky congregation and its poor pastor trying so hard to do "the right thing" Sunday after Sunday. I'd like to read a whole book about this group of people. You've got me hooked on the whole bunch.
10/12/07
LOVE your MC's voice- and your writing is amazingly vivid. I was RIGHT there. Delightful.
This reminded me somewhat of the Preacher in "Because of Wynn Dixie." You really captured the homespun, unsophisticated character of such a congregation and the gradual melting of the MC's heart. I love stories where the MC changes and grows.
This is so funny.I could soooo relate to the poor Pastor but I would have been the first one hooting over the butt dust. Well done!
10/14/07
Your article was so funny. Would love to see a story about the church when they are further down the road together.
10/14/07
hahaha wow that was wonderfully funny! great story, so simple and yet sooo funny!
10/14/07
One of my favorites. Loved the character and the voice of the writer. God bless.
A great story, the tears of laughter are still running down my face. Point well taken and all who read this will have to beware of sermons bearing the word dust, ever after!
10/19/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is hysterical -- I almost spit water on the keyboard when I read "butt dust". Very clever, and very good writing.
10/19/07
Thanks for the laugh. Congrats on the win.
10/19/07
I can't believe I missed this one when I was skimming through last week. INcredible piece!!!!!!