The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1170 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/07
Excellent characterization. This story kept me hooked from beginning to end. Your last line is perfect - and the tie-together was masterful.
You relayed your MC's fears very well. I like the handsome new guy. This is very well-written, but I want more. Is there a romance brewing? Thumbs up.
09/21/07
Great stuff.
Love the hint of romance in the air. I was a little confused about whether the explosion was real or a flashback at first, but you cleared that up before the story ended. You kept my attention throughout.
09/21/07
This is so fantastic! I'd love to see it expanded, as I would imagine many others here would as well.
A gripping opening, and masterful writing throughout. The repeated lines were a nice touch. I'm wondering if the principal was the man at the original accident scene? or maybe he was an angel portending of the man who she was yet to meet? I really liked this one. Wonderful job!
Isn't it amazing that even out of the most horrific occurances in our lives, God still has a good plan for us. Sometimes we do need to step out, but He is there, hands outstretched to help us along the way.
You made me feel your MC's fear and the emptiness she felt at the loss of her husband. But then I dreaded the second romance was doomed also to end in tragedy. I was so glad for a happy ending.