The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1957 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/07/07
What a cool husband! I like the characters you've created in this story. The heart of the hard-working Mom, who feels she's lost something of herself in the giving to her family, really comes through. And the husband with his knowledge of what will make her happy had me smiling. Very charming!
Another great entry. So many great entries this time I feel mine sinking lower and lower! I do rejoice with the others though!! It's an honor to be among pro's!!
I love this story--boldness and romance just meshed together so nicely.
I enjoy the humor and playful family interaction in this piece as well as all the vivid detailing...spiderman backpack, cheerios, etc. Delightful to read.
Now *that* is a caring husband. This was a really good read. Entertaining, and a sweet message, too. Five stars from me.
09/12/07
This is on such the same level as me and my hubby and my writing.

Except for the two story house, and add a part-time job to the full time...and a few more kids...oh well. Maybe not *quite* as similar ;)
09/12/07
I liked hearing her inner dialog as they talked back and forth. Their personalities really shone through--good job!!
Bold enough to share a dream with a loved one and have that loved one support you - can there be a greater love?
Great job; and, if its a true story, good-luck with the lessons!
What a wonderful story! Very realistic dialog and inner thoughts--well done!
11/20/07
I came calling to thank you for leaving such a kind comment on my "Thanks Living" story (which I did already use for our church's November newsletter :). And, I discovered this sweet story of yours which I enjoyed reading very much. The fact her husband surprised her with the very thing she wanted to ask of him is so delightful. It's just like God to do something like that! Thank you for the enjoyable read, and for your comment, which I appreciate very much.
08/22/08
I really enjoyed this story; not just the wonderful plot line, but also your choice of wording. I could feel her "creative self wilting" right along with her dreams, only to be revived by a fresh watering of husbandly love. Good stuff.