The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1488 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
"...the slapping hair raising
snap of stored power..." Wow, your free verse utterly gripped me, brimming with internal rhyme and brilliant imagery! A tiny part of me was searching for a bit more reference to the emotion of fearfulness in the observers...But that didn't diminish the beautiful dynamics of your poem. I especially enjoyed your contrast at the end, where He is "gently" lifted off the cross and the veil of the temple rends violiently in two!
Your free verse is wonderful with its awesome imagery, vivid verbs, and beautiful message.
09/01/07
Powerful, highly descriptive piece with an excellent ending! (I noticed two minor mechanical errors: "it's" for "its" and and "than" for "then.") You really helped me see anew those awful final moments before Christ died. Great writing! :)
09/01/07
Powerful writing... the imagery is alive, and the takeaway is glorious.
09/02/07
Wonderfully vivid, excellent description. Love your word choices.
09/03/07
Oooh, I love this poem. It's so descriptive and moody. The colors you chose to create atmosphere are perfect. Excellent writing.
09/03/07
Very powerful. I'm sure they were very scared when the sky darkened at the noon hour! The pictures you painted with your words were so vivid. Great job.