The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1432 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/07
Very much enjoyed the lesson here - and I loved your second-to-last paragraph. Keep writing!
That's such a lovely story! I can visualize that little tyke playing that game and having learned it so well that it came handy when it was needed. Just as the first person to comment said, I was very impressed with the next to the last paragraph because it showed great spiritual depth and perception. The application you made was right on target.I'm convinced that Jesus came to bring us "joy unspeakable and full of glory." Who has more reason to be happy than Christians? A very well-written piece indeed.
07/23/07
I love the illustration — all of us have probably played this game (or had someone play it with us when we were kids), so we could relive the experience as we read. Sad happens, but the joy of the Lord embaces it and softens its edges. Nice work.
I, too, loved the illustration. I liked the phrase that we can misunderstand the situation and grieve unnecessarily. Many can attest to that. But you have brought us back to our only true source of happiness and that is Jesus Christ. Great writing. Thanks for sharing that.
Oh, Edy, what a golden touch you have in writing devotionals! This is such a delight and so inspiring! Yes, I too could just SEE this being played out...Be sad!...Be happy! You've really captured the basic truth of real life here...a mixture of both within God's Hands on our lives. Wonderful, Edy! Thank you!!