The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1876 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/07
Tee hee-just last night I saw a nature program, where in one of the national parks, brown bears were poised, just waiting for Sammy and Jake. I hope they make it...Great title, and your last sentence is a fantastic kicker.
07/14/07
Oh, Jan, you naughty girl...I'm not sure it's appropriate to be laughing at vicious "Mother Nature" like I am right now!

Ahem..got to pull myself together...

Right. The story is really good and it, obviously, held my interest and kept me involved with the characters. I think children would enjoy this story and it gets the point across about being confident in doing the tasks God plans for us. (Just don't share Jan's nature note with them when the story is over!)
07/15/07
Super story! Maybe you could include the bears in the longer version that I am sure you are going to write for posterity (and for Jan!). Great job.
07/15/07
If you do include the bears in the extended version of your story, Sammy will never want to leave.

This was very entertaining with a good message. Thanks!
07/17/07
So engaging and a great take on the topic! Love it.
You know, I think I saw Sammy there going up the ladder in that exact spot. Great details in this story.
I love this, and I'm sure children will, too -no need to disturb them with the bears aspect :-). I saw a live bear two weeks ago...he was downstream from a salmon fisherie!
This is great!

But bears aren't the only problem - they may or may not get to dine on Jake -

The sure thing is that Jake WILL die!

That is what he went there for - and of course to do his duties to keep the circle of life going...

Enjoyed this.
I like the title of this. And especially how you refer to it later in the story. The end was my favorite, especially that last line. Great job with this, I think it would make a good children's story! ^_^
Yet another creative story this week. I really like this one!
Oh this is so good. I loved how Jake took Sammy "under his fin". Too cute. I really hate to think about the bears...or the fish my husband likes to eat dinner.
I loved the great use of symoblism in this piece. I've been to a few of those fish ladders along the Columbia River Gorge - now I have a new life-lesson insight to consider when thinking about them. Great job.
07/18/07
I like this! Engaging and well written. :D
***Congrats!*** ^_^
07/19/07
CONGRATS! I am so happy to see your story in the top ten! Love the way you weave a story!!
Congratulations on your placement. Like I stated before this was a great read. Thanks, too on your comments on my article.
Continue in God's grace - Loren
This was great! I love the way the title fits into the story. Congratulations!!
07/20/07
Wow, very creative. Congrats on your EC win!
I really enjoyed this. A good show of confidence. Congrats on the Highly Commended.
Sheri, this was just awesome! Great title. I too think it would be a good children's story. It has so many morals and biblical lessons hidden in it, it almost has a devotional quality to it, too. Very nice work and a well-deserved EC placement! Congrats, girl!

Blessings, Cheri