The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1332 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/07
My first impression was "where is this going?"...but your keen observation gave me something to think about also. Good thinking! Great message. Job well done.
07/12/07
Excellent analogy! I often get off the bike and inspect God as if He's the one with the issue, when really it's the rider (me) who has no clue what she's doing!
With a title like that, I just had to read. I liked your comparison of your faith in God and the biker's faith in his equipment. Nice job.
What a great analogy! Your description adds a great deal to your story. It's such a good reminder that we need to keep on our "bicycle of faith," confident it will carry us safely.
07/13/07
Your title drew me in, too. And the analogy kept me drawn in to the end. This is a great devotional reading and makes the point in a clear, interesting manner.
07/13/07
Great title, great analogy! You were very visual in the early paragraphs, and I enjoyed picturing the situation.

FYI: fluorescent, and its' is never correct: either its (possessive) or it's (meaning "it is" or "it has").

I loved the extra details that gave this a touch of realism--the green bike, the hairy legs, etc. Very good!
07/14/07
What an amazingly awesome object lesson here. You grabbed me from the beginning. Love it.
07/14/07
Very well done message. The story of the hariy-legged bike rider captured my attention and the point melted smoothly into the story. Good work.
This is just the type of devotional I enjoy reading. You drew me in with the title and the descriptive visuals, then made an unllikely, but very effective analogy to the Christian life. Excellent!
07/15/07
I like your title. I understand your analogy from personal experience, do you live in my neighborhoo? Good job.
07/15/07
Minor glitches, but a puppy in the pen. This analogy is so well stated as to be of note. Thanks, I enjoyed the read.