The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1042 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very good dialogue. I like how your characters matured as the story progressed.
04/30/07
Interesting title and nice format. I too enjoyed the maturation of the characters. Nicely written!
Unique approach to romance. Good writing.
I really like this story and the clever title (once I understood it), and the dialogue is good. There were a few typos that broke the flow in a couple spots (or caused momentary stutters in me, the reader), but that's minor.

The first time the row of 8888's appeared, it threw me for a minute. I was trying to make them be something to do with the story. :o) I think I might have chosen asterisks instead.

I didn't get what the reference to chapter 41 meant until the end, which was a nice little surprise.

I felt bad that best friend Rachel disappeared from the story after chapter 1. It didn't make sense to me that Sara would confide this "chapter 41" insight at the end to her college-age babysitter. And that the babysitter would know exactly what she was referring to.

For me it would have been an even more satisfying conclusion if Sara had made a quick secret call to her old friend Rachel and told HER that chapter 41 line, as it would have been logical for Rachel to understand what she meant immediatly.

But, like I said at the beginning, I really DO like this story. Kudos to you!