The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1640 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a fun poem. It flows so well, too. Thumbs up!
It WAS fun! Good job!
Cute!
03/13/07
I grinned all through this delightful poem. I liked the "clear a path" bit, and the "right of way" bit, and...well, the whole poem is utterly charming.
03/13/07
Thanks for the smiles! I love this realistic look of shopping! Great job!
03/13/07
Cute! Is this a confession? LOL! This was fun and I enjoyed it!
03/13/07
Loads of fun! I've seen these women before - from a distance, of course. ;) Great meter - frantic, like this woman.
03/13/07
Loved it as is, it was fun. If you ever get the desire to re-write this, I wonder how it would sound being free verse - it might pull the "-holic" out more.
Great poem, perfect for the topic.
Very fun to read! Reminds me of a few friends of mine who faithfully follow this routine every shopping trip! The third verse was slightly awkward when reading it aloud, it could be just me though. I very much enjoyed reading something this creative. ^_^
This is a delightful poem, excellently written. The ending is perfect.
03/14/07
I needed a chuckle this morning. But also made me a little worried. Wife said she was going shopping t-day:(.
Great job on the mechanics, it flowed well with near perfect metre; nothing to get in the way of enjoying this poem. I'm so glad you are still rhyming. You're one of the best poets here. God bless.
Super Cute!!! I loved this poem!!
Dr. Seuss would be proud ;-)

Really, a fun poem to read. Great job.
03/14/07
Lots of fun with great humor throughout. “Thank God they have no gas!” The title was perfect, and the ending was really cute, too!
03/14/07
This is a very lighthearted romp through the aisles! You didn't touch my favorite find: THE LAST ONE. My husband always tells people that, if I hear something is the last one, I have to buy it. That's true. What's that about?

You do a great job writing poetry, Joanne. Another fantastic read!
Such a delightful poem to read. I loved it!
JoJo, don't regret your rhyme...
Oh, so well you do it!
You kept your meter right in time.
The topic? Stuck right to it!

This was such a funny work
And gave delight to all;
I hope you get the highest mark
For your treatise on the mall.

Seriously, I enjoyed this poem even though I am not a shopaholic.


03/15/07
You tapped into a lot of folks out there who feel the same way and then go out and do it all over again!

You make this look so easy, a tremendous job!