The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2497 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/25/07
A nice devotional with Sports thrown in for reasons that evidently have to do with Good Sportsmanship. Some good points brought out in this entry...but a bit removed from the topic in my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing.
02/26/07
I really enjoyed your story. It gave me some AHA! moments, and, at 55, they come less and less! You made a tremendous point. This would make an EXCELLENT devotional..with a few small grammatical errors corrected. I'd never thought about how God affirmed His Son before He'd done anything. I, too, want to withdraw my support when people don't act as they should. I want everyone to be helpful, kind and polite...and, if they aren't.....heads will roll! As far as I'm concerned, your story is on topic. You use the soccer game to point out a lesson. You pulled your support of the team because they didn't measure up to your expectations...in skills or behavior. Good job!
02/26/07
What a gentle encouragement this is! I especially appreciated your next-to-last paragraph.
02/26/07
Such a wonderful reminder for all of us. I thought the sports analogy was quite apt and central to the devotional. Much to convict THIS reader of!
I really appreciate your views expressed here. Performance-based love is so prevalent in our culture and our world. It is refreshing to recall that God's love transcends all that!
02/26/07
Such a true realization brough to light! God sure teaches us many things. Thanks for a well-written piece. Blessings, Jo
02/26/07
Amen! Loved your title.
This is all so true. How quick we are to judge people for what they do, not for who they are.
As was mentioned before, this would make a nice devotional.
I enjoyed reading this. We all need to watch how we condemn others because of their failings.
02/28/07
I enjoyed this. Funny, I don't really think of soccer/football as being a contact sport (at least not compared to American football), but I guess it's more-so in other countries than the US. Great job. Oh, and I also think it is right on topic.