The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1593 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very funny! Unfortunately I know a fitness fanatic like Steve, which made this even funnier! My favourite line:

'some people call it Extreme Steve Ryu, but I don’t like to brag. I won the golden gloves in 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. Gave four of my opponents a concussion and knocked one guy into the second row.'
ROFL! I can't stop laughing! This is so funny. I love the 'sales pitch' and the prayer at the end. The funniest line was the one at the end with getting someone trained in self-defense. Very creative writing! Love it!
02/23/07
What a delightfully funny story! Terrific dialogue that brought the character to life. Great title, too--the moment I saw it, I guessed, accurately, that I was in for something hilarious!
A delightfully witty story!
02/24/07
Loved it! Especially the ending! Great job...laughing all the way through.
Felt like a little mouse watching this situation. Good portrayal of characters. Good story.
I loved this. My favorite so far. It was too funny and had me ROFLOL the whole way through!
02/27/07
Wow! I loved every inch of this sprint through the fitness center. Terrific job of keeping your reader's attention.
You have got to be kidding me???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't when anything on this one?????????????


I know I messed up "dog's teeth", but please. This was by far the best story out of this week's competition!


Whatever...

Dan

I was so upset that I used "when" for "win"!!!!!!!

I have been a member of Faithwriters for a long time, and I have never complained about anything. But I believe this week was robbed!

I will never enter the weekly competition ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Try not to take this too badly, Dan! I enjoyed your article very much, and as someone once pointed out, rather than writing to win, take the comments that you have been given as a true reflection on your piece, and use it to glorify God whether it places or not.

I know how you feel, as this is the first time I have placed in advanced after writing quite a few articles. Some of what I would consider my best work hasn't even placed in the top 40! I suppose what it boils down to is a matter of taste. Writing is pretty subjective. I wouldn't say my article this week is my best, yet it placed, perhaps because it had a good message. Who knows?

If you want to know more about how the challenges are judged, look on the Writing Challenge Message Board, which outlines the challenge judging criteria.

Another thing which helped me, was to read others' work in detail and praise them for their success. Sometimes I thought, 'My piece is bound to place this week!', and then I started to read the other articles in depth, and found the quality amazing. So, if I don't place now, I just congratulate the winners.

But I know what you mean, Dan. I did think that your piece would place too when I read it, as it was very funny. However, just keep trying, and don't give up!