The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1552 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/07
THIS is the essence of writing.

This is so precious and thought provoking. It brings us back to the purity of words from a writer's heart that in turn, touches other's.

Just beautiful.
01/20/07
What a lovely story. A poem I wrote a long time ago (for my own children) my mother had framed for me, it was a very special poem about children being gifts from God.

Thank you for telling us about this - I enjoyed reading it.
01/20/07
There is INDEED a purpose to your passion - and this entry proves it in many ways. Loved the recycling of a child's poem, bringing tears to those who read it. Truly a great story. God bless your efforts. Nicely done.
01/23/07
What a lovely memoir! And wow--if you could write that poem in 5th grade, you might want to reconsider writing more poetry! Thanks so much for sharing this...quite moving.
01/23/07
A touching story and no wonder your mom kept it in a special place. Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing it.
01/24/07
Definitely sweet - and such a wonderful message for all of us! I agree with Jan - if you could write a poem like that in 5th grade, you may want to revisit! :D
01/26/07
I for one. Really, really enjoyed this. Not just the quality of writing and the message, but the courage of the author to stretch and reach for something different. It demonstrates the purity of a beginning writer with the polish of a master story teller. It reminds us all not to forget that first voice, the innocence and honesty, that was in the foundation of all of our writing. Bravo, for stepping out and blazing a creative new trail. Keep up the great and anointed work. God bless.