The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1360 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/07
What a sweet story! As usual, it's the details that make this piece charming--the fluffy slippers, the hubby biting his lower lip...as an empty nester, I can certainly relate (I should tell you some time about the "ballroom dancing" disaster).
01/15/07
I really enjoyed this story! Delightfully realistic dialogue, showing gender differences that seem be all too common between spouses.

Beautifully vivid descriptions as well. My favorite line is still that of the narrator digging her toes into those pink fluffy slippers. I can feel them!
01/17/07
Cute and realistic. A fun read.
01/17/07
A precious 'slice of life.' One that is a delight to read and so well written. Good job on using the dialogue to tell the story.
01/17/07
I just LOVE the last line especially, but the whole piece was delightful. Great job with the dialogue.
I liked this. It gave me the warm fuzzies, and there's nothing wrong with a nice, comfortable rut. Well done.
01/21/07
Thank you for this sweet couple's story, and also for your welcome comments on my writing. I appreciate you.
01/24/07
Some adventures are created in order to make life interesting. Also, well done on the dialogue.