The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1377 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/06
"My dad and Jesus." Powerful. I was surprised at the cops shoving her to the ground to handcuff her. Seemed a bit rough to deal with a 'hooker'. And then she was looking into the officer's eyes. But I liked the story. He treated her with respect and dignity which was exactly what she needed.
10/21/06
That last line, "my Dad and Jesus" says alot. Second generation cop and avid fan of Jesus plus a Christian who walks the walk and talks the talk. Great job when you can bring this reader to tears. Kudos.
10/23/06
I like the way you managed tough and tender - the language and the love. And that last line was priceless. Good job.
10/24/06
Yep, your last line was perfection! I wondered a bit if a Christian police officer, and a male at that, would put himself in the situation of ministering to a woman's cuts, etc., in a holding cell. Seems like a potentially tricky postition to put himself in, perhaps not realistic--but I know very little about police work, and am quite possibly in error. This is a very entertaining and moving story.
10/25/06
Yes. The last line was best line. Too bad this wasn't the first line. "My Dad and Jesus."
10/27/06
Great read, Marty. Characters were well drawn and their relationships with each other believable. Again, wonderful last line. Yeggy
10/27/06
Awesome, Marty! This was so well told, and I want to know MORE!!! Congrats on your EC win! It is well deserved.