The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1545 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/06
Your paragraph that begins "The sermon began..." has some great, great images.
08/13/06
I like this story. It is a very realistic view of how God reveals His vision and plans for our lives to us. The Lasik surgery story works well too though I think you could take steps to weave the two stories together a little. Perhaps begin with the fear of sitting in the chair for surgery, flash back to this recent event in your life, return to the chair.. etc.
08/14/06
Wow! I love how you tied these two events together. I love the visuals and the feel you created - and your word choices. VERY WELL written! I hope it places.
08/14/06
A great example of God's plan and vision for us, as well as how He is capable of correcting our own "spiritual vision" in many ways. Well done.
Very well written. I really liked the imagery and the flow. Good job.
Perfect! And a child shall lead them...

One small typo: Craig’s neck burned twelve shades of read when the Pastor personally greeted us on his way to the pulpit.

May the Lord continue to guide your hand as you write to glorify HIM!
08/15/06
I really like this - would have liked to see the two stories woven together a bit more, but I truly enjoyed it nonetheless.
08/16/06
"Most of my life I had endured blurry vision. Within seconds, that part of my life would be corrected." Just as you said when we allow our hearts to open to God then we can see clearly. An effective comparison between one's physical vision and one's spiritual vision.
08/18/06
Terri! This story was beautiful. You will forever be the teacher and I the student.