The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1254 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/10/06
This is powerful writing! I love the short sentences in the first and last paragraphs, and your writerly vocabulary, and you paragraph about the laughability of finding a worthy act in your own righteousness. Superb.
08/11/06
I don't know why but this brings to mind, for me, the song, "I can only imagine," by Mercy Me! And makes me feel about the same way I do when I hear that song. Amazing!! Simply Amazing!
08/12/06
Very interesting. Im thinking how this could be presented to an unsaved audience and get them wondering. Maybe a little deeper insight as to what you feel would do it. It could be easily expanded with a little work. Nice job.
In the second para, it should be "Visio Dei" not
"Imago Dei". Whoops! Sorry.
08/14/06
An interesting piece, with some nice imagery as well.
08/14/06
great imagery and good build up of anticipation - yes- great title!:)
08/16/06
Beautiful ... "Anticipation" sums it up so well! Really, really well done! :)

08/16/06
Your language is SO beautiful and poetic here. I know you want critique, but I don't know how to help you - I have no suggestions, other than to keep writing. I especially loved your second to last paragraph!
08/17/06
Okay, Stephen, I'm serious now, you better build another bookshelf!!! I'm going to be very upset if you make it to masters before me -- NOT!!! Grand job!