The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1535 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/23/06
I cannot leave this page without leaving a comment, " May God bless,protec and provide for the families of all our heroes from your land and mine who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom."

Who can fail to be touched by the life and death of such brave people.

David Ritchie
Scotland
06/24/06
What a wonderful tribute, with an epilog to bring tears to one's eyes. I hope that when the time is right, you'll share this with his widow.
06/26/06
Beutifully crafted. The family will be honored that you wrote this for them.:)
06/26/06
Zero-eight-one: out of service. To me, that line says it all. May God protect our troops, and be known to those who are called home.
06/27/06
You started in first person, took the second paragraph before I realized it was third person. Good story, well worth attention.
06/27/06
Oh, I so hope this wins. What a powerful message of love.
06/28/06
"Zero eight one, Out of Service"....on planet Earth.
A beautiful tribute; thank you for sharing this with us.
Congratulations, Kaylee! I love the way you constructed this powerful true-life story. Ending with the dedication brought tears to my throat. I'm so glad the judges gave you wel-deserved recognition!
06/29/06
Congratulations! :)
07/01/06
Congratulations! Through my tears, I say thank you for writing this. My husband is retired Air Force and I love the military, praying for them often. Keep on writing with your deep and compassionate heart. What a winner!
Terrific piece of work and very heartfelt and original. This tugged at my heart strings... Congrats on your excellent performance. -MAndy