The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1315 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/02/06
I don't know why there aren't comments of "excellent" on this article. This is, sadly, what the world is coming to. I thought that Samuel would have offered the Pastor a job. BTW, what is antiretroviral programme? I'm not familiar with the term.
Bravo!! This is a well-crafted article. The only thing that interrupted the flow of the piece was the term 'antiretroviral programme' which some of us 'fossils' might need to have interpreted. I got somewhat bogged down trying to think what that could mean; I knew what PowerPoint was, so I presume that it has to do with computers.

Change is inevitable as the gospel is spread, but there are still many unreached people groups. 'Missionaries' are called upon to have other skills, like teaching, medical, and engineering knowledge that can touch the unreached. It's sad, in a way.

Good commentary on what missions has come to mean. Liked the ending!
06/03/06
Sorry. ARVs are drugs used to combat the onset of AIDS. Many NGOs and missions groups are sponsoring their use in the developing world as they are relatively very expensive.
06/07/06
This started out pretty depressing (but this is a good thing for the story's drama :) ), and I love the ending - great contrast!!
06/08/06
I would remind Horace that the enemy tries to rob us of our joy, and we have good reason to tell Satan to get lost! Missionaries to Africa, Asia and elsewhere have seen such fruit that receiving countries have turned into sending countries. We are coming full circle, and we need not suffer the enemy to discourage the Lord's foot soldiers. I'm glad Samuel came alongside at the end of the story!
06/08/06
p.s. This story is a good reminder to pray for encouragement for those who have borne the heat of the day in a foreign field. Thank you for sharing with us!