The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1484 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Uninspired. Unimaginative. Unappealing. Whatever negative "un" word you can apply to this will follow.
ROFL! Jez, you're nuts!

As for the poem, that was great! I loved it!
Oooo, forgot an un word. ;-) Unique! I liked the form and you rhymed words togther I wouldn't have thought of. :-) Great job!
01/13/06
UNcommon. UNbelievably clever. UNmistakeably great. UNderstand??
What writer can't relate? Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
This is wonderful - I was entirely lost in it, and the images it created in my mind - from start to finish. The heart of a writer, beautifully spoken. Lovely: and now I am going to back and read it again. (My nana always said, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. So if someone does not like it, dont worry!) God bless.
01/15/06
Jez, I thought this was great! The basic idea is quite simple, and yet you've dressed it with such intriguing and melodious words, we can't help but be caught up in it. The only flaw: 'soldiers' in the 3rd last paragraph needs an apostrophe. Great job, dearie. Hold your head high!
01/16/06
Congrats for coming into the Top Runnings! I really liked this poem, and now I feel honored and humbled that you stopped by and read my Un-incidental, Un-exciting, Un-inspiring Challenge! (smile) Kudos to you for great poetic masterpiece!!
When I read your critique Jez, before I knew you had written this, I thought: blimey! Ol' Jez is being unreasonable harsh - and you were, on yourself! This was lovely stuff Jez. And this is just a taster of what you can do when you let your imagination have a little freedom. God bless honey, and congrats!
01/17/06
Jez -HUSH!!! lol - if I'd read this earlier I would have known it was you -because you'd only been that mean to yourself LOL
01/17/06
Oh Jez - you're too hard on yourself. I loved it :)
01/18/06
Oh, com'on... hon! You know it's good. :)
You've captured the essence of the imagination.
LOOOOVE it.